Buckeye sports betting fans have a lot on their plate right now. With the launch of Ohio online sports betting in play, it’s time to choose a sportsbook. And if you prefer using PayPal for online transactions, this guide is for you. First, we’ll break down all the details of PayPal betting Ohio, and all that comes with it.
- Top PayPal betting sites in Ohio 2023
- PayPal betting in Ohio
- Top PayPal sportsbooks in Ohio
- PayPal betting Ohio explained
- How to make a PayPal deposit at an Ohio sportsbook
- How to make a PayPal withdrawal at an Ohio sportsbook
- #5. Credit / debit card
- #4. PayNearMe
- #3. Play+ card
- #2. PayPal for Ohio sports betting
- #1. ACH (e-Check)
Top PayPal betting sites in Ohio 2023
PayPal betting Ohio: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the OCCC.
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $150 in bonus bets||Bet now DraftKings Ohio review|
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,250 bonus||Bet now Caesars bonus Ohio|
|SuperBook Sportsbook Get up to a $250 bonus||Bet now|
|bet365 Sportsbook Bet $1 Get $365 in bonus||Bet now|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Get up to $500 in bonus||Bet now BetRivers promo code OH|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM Ohio bonus|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now FanDuel Ohio review|
PayPal betting in Ohio
In this guide to PayPal betting in Ohio, we’re unpacking everything you need to know about betting by PayPal. We’ll show you exactly what PayPal is. Then, we’ll show you what it does and how to use this banking method for sportsbooks in OH. We’ll also show you how to use it and what to watch for. Better still, we’re going to show you the best PayPal betting sites. Are you ready?
Top PayPal sportsbooks in Ohio
We’ve got four major Ohio PayPal sportsbooks in heavy rotation—and all of them accept PayPal for betting. These betting sites are already high performers in the industry, but the fact that they accept PayPal for betting just sweetens the pot. Here are our top 4 sportsbooks that accept PayPal.
- FanDuel sportsbook Ohio. Strong user base, generous Ohio betting promos, competitive daily betting menu—and they accept PayPal for deposits and withdrawals.
- Caesars betting in Ohio. The backing of a major casino brand, competitive sports betting odds for the Big Three US sports markets, and the best loyalty program in the country. Caesars OH accepts PayPal for deposits and withdrawals.
- DraftKings sports betting Ohio. Arguably the biggest name in online sports betting in the US, DraftKings consistently offers a deep menu of betting markets, strong customer support, awesome mobile apps, and instant verification. DraftKings OH accepts PayPal deposits (and withdrawals, but not to business accounts).
- BetMGM betting Ohio. “The King” is easily a one-stop, all-you-can-bet online betting haven. Excellent live betting, fast verification, extensive betting markets, and extensive payout options—including PayPal.
PayPal betting Ohio explained
If you haven’t heard of PayPal already: where have you been? It is officially the #1 e-wallet provider in the world, with more than 400 million users worldwide. Unfortunately, it’s taken some time for PayPal to get to this point—a couple of decades, in fact.
PayPal entered the world of online payments back in the late 90s. People didn’t entirely trust the idea of paying for stuff online. Confinity and X.com—headed by Tesla icon Elon Musk—merged to create PayPal, and Musk went about trying to make online payments more appealing.
It worked, but Musk was ousted from the corporation after less than a year. It would be the last time Elon Musk allowed himself less than complete control over his ventures.
The pros and cons of PayPal betting Ohio
Twenty-plus years on, and PayPal is the official e-wallet partner of choice for most Ohio sportsbooks. PayPal as a platform is easy to use, fast, and secure. It provides an easy way to send and receive funds online, streamlining the payout system at your friendly neighborhood sports betting site.
A personal PayPal account also keeps your overheads—like withdrawal fees and processing fees—to a minimum. Anything that goes easy on your bottom line has got to be good, right? In this section, we’re breaking down everything good—and everything bad—about using PayPal for deposits and withdrawals at sportsbooks.
Pros of using PayPal betting OH
- Top-tier online security for payment processing makes PayPal betting Ohio one of the most secure online payment methods in the world.
- Fast and simple payment processing by PayPal means that your deposits are instant—you can start betting straight away, in most cases.
- A user-friendly processing interface makes it easy to understand what is going on in your PayPal account. You can also receive reports and dig into detailed analysis to ensure your funds are safe and secure.
- Unlike with your credit card information, it’s virtually impossible for someone to see what you’re doing on the PayPal platform. That also means you enjoy confidentiality and total anonymity online.
- Zero fees. Typically, PayPal deposits are free, and withdrawals are free up to a specified amount.
- More range. PayPal is accepted by millions—even tens of millions—of retailers worldwide. This isn’t an account you need to set up specifically for sports betting: it’s an account you can use for anything from booking vacations to spoiling your mom to accepting payments for services—and everything in between.
- Around-the-clock support. PayPal has a dedicated customer care center that provides 24/7 support for all your tricky questions. It also offers a comprehensive live chat feature and FAQs section.
Cons of using PayPal betting Ohio
- Unlike with deposits, PayPal betting withdrawals in Ohio are not processed instantly. First, they need to be approved by the OH sportsbook you use. Once cleared, they will be moved to a new section of the platform, where you can check the status of your payouts.
Safety and security in PayPal betting Ohio
Ohio oddsmakers know a good thing when they see one—that’s why PayPal is one of the most common banking methods in the Buckeye State for deposits and withdrawals. Utilizing PayPal for your Ohio sports betting and online casino games is also incredibly secure.
The payment platform doesn’t share your financial information when you make an online payment. Also, unlike using your credit card, you don’t have to load any information anywhere—you just initiate the payment from the comfort of your mobile device.
PayPal Purchase Protection and Payback Protection both offer another layer of online security, too. Essentially, if there are any issues with your payment to an Ohio sportsbook, you can log it via PayPal for resolution. And PayPal’s resolution rate is high.
It’s also fast, meaning you won’t be kept waiting for days to follow up on a missing payout. Finally, PayPal online betting makes your financial records more transparent.
Instead of entering your credit card details manually, you work directly in the PayPal app. If your credit card company has concerns, they can liaise directly with you and PayPal—meaning less interference and eliminating the risk of your credit cards being frozen.
How PayPal betting in Ohio works
Getting started with PayPal at your local OH sportsbook is simple and effective. In this section, we’ll walk you through the online payment process, so you can get betting quicker than ever.
How to make a PayPal deposit at an Ohio sportsbook
While the answer to “can you bet with PayPal directly?” is a hard no, the process you actually follow to top up your betting account is almost that simple.
First, you’ll navigate to your OH sportsbook’s online payments or deposits section. From here, you can select PayPal as your deposit method. Key in the dollar amount you want to deposit and follow the prompts.
From here, you’ll be taken to the PayPal platform to enter your login details. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to make your deposit. Once approved, you’ll be returned to your sportsbook’s account page.
That’s it. PayPal deposits are processed instantly by all participating OH sports betting sites, so there’s zero downtime before you can get in on the wagering action.
How to make a PayPal withdrawal at an Ohio sportsbook
PayPal withdrawals from OH sports betting sites can be a little more complicated. For starters, some Ohio online betting sites don’t pay out to PayPal.
Many online sportsbooks do, however. Typically, you’ll need to use your PayPal account to make a deposit before it can be approved for withdrawals, so be sure to read the terms and conditions first.
To cash out your (hopefully lucrative) betting winnings is relatively easy:
- Select PayPal as your withdrawal method.
- Follow the online prompts to input your details and set your withdrawal amount.
- From here, you’ll be taken to the PayPal platform to enter your login details. Follow the on-screen prompts to make your withdrawal.
- If you are taken back to the sportsbook platform to confirm, follow the prompts.
PayPal withdrawals at OH betting sites aren’t instant, but they are pretty speedy. Once your payout has been approved, you can usually enjoy your winnings within 24 hours (longer on a weekend or public holiday).
Ranking Paypal as sports betting payment Ohio
PayPal betting at Ohio sportsbooks has its perks, but how does it stack up to the other sports betting banking methods? In this section, we’re ranking our top 5 payment methods (spoiler alert: PayPal is way up there).
#5. Credit / debit card
Most of us know exactly how to wield the plastic fantastic online. And it’s no different at an Ohio betting site. Simply enter your details in the payment gateway, and top up your sportsbook account instantly.
The downside? Your credit card provider may set low deposit limits to combat fraud or view your deposit as a cash advance. The latter means exorbitant fees and interest. Finally, many Ohio sports betting apps don’t payout to credit or debit cards.
This is the banking method of choice for those who only carry cash. PayNearMe lets you make a cash payment at participating retailers to fund your betting entertainment. Unfortunately, the funds might take a few hours to hit your account, and you can’t withdraw using this method.
#3. Play+ card
Play+ is a new player on the online sportsbook scene, but it’s gaining major traction. It’s quick and easy to use, has the backing of Discover card, and is becoming more widely accepted for both deposits and withdrawals.
#2. PayPal for Ohio sports betting
Safe, secure, familiar, and one of the most widely accepted banking methods for sports betting deposits and withdrawals.
#1. ACH (e-Check)
ACH is accepted at every Ohio online sportsbook we use. Instant deposits and speedy payouts it’s also ultra-secure, easy to use, and reliable.
Customer service for PayPal betting sites in Ohio
There’s nothing more frustrating than a delay in cashing out your winnings, really. Fortunately, PayPal is one of the leading e-wallets in the world—and its customer support reflects that.
If you’re experiencing a delay in getting your hands on that cash money, here’s how to resolve the problem:
- Confirm that your Ohio sports betting site has processed the payout. You can do this via their in-house customer support team.
- Once you’ve confirmed that the holdup isn’t with your sportsbook, reach out to PayPal directly. You’ll need your PayPal account details, the date your sportsbook processed your withdrawal, and the total amount you expect to receive. You can contact PayPal 24/7 via:
- Live chat message
- PayPal community help forums
- The PayPal resolution center
We’re also big fans of the extensive FAQs section at PayPal, which can typically help you resolve any issues that aren’t related to a specific payout.
PayPal betting Ohio FAQs
No—but most reputable sportsbooks do. You’ll need to check the FAQs section of your sportsbook to find out their deposit and withdrawal limits for PayPal.
You could start by checking our list here. Alternatively, you can navigate to your sportsbook’s FAQs section to find out which banking methods are accepted.
Usually, no. Most sportsbooks restrict PayPal deposits and withdrawals to personal accounts.
No. Most reputable sportsbooks will verify that your PayPal account’s email address and name matches the email address and name on your sports betting account. If you don’t have a PayPal account, it’s free to set one up.
Yes. You can top up your sports betting account from anywhere in the world—but you’ll need to be in Ohio to place a wager.